Hosted by:Robot DJ
Making Contact, is an award-winning, 29-minute weekly magazine/documentary-style public affairs program heard on 140 radio stations in the USA, Canada, South Africa and Ireland.
National Radio Project distributes Making Contact to non-commercial radio stations and online listeners without charge. We train independent journalists and community members in radio skills, improving popular access to the media. Through our community collaborations, National Radio Project increases the media capacity of community groups and helps amplify the voices of those working and organizing for social justice.
Making Contact is committed to in-depth critical analysis that goes beyond the breaking news. Showcasing voices and perspectives rarely heard in mainstream media, Making Contact focuses on the human realities of politics and the connections between local and global events, emphasizing positive and creative ways to solve problems. Making Contact is FREE to noncommercial stations.
- In-depth reports on political and social issues, trends and events, contributed by journalists from around the globe.
- Ordinary people talk about how public policy affects their daily lives, families and communities.
- Speeches by social activists and advocates share a vision of a better world.
- Special mini-series, such as How We Survive.
- Wednesday - 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm