Date: August 19, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Third Annual Suicide Prevention Mobile Story Board and Presentation Tour September 7 – 13, 2015
This year Suicide Prevention Week is September 7 -13, 2015 and the theme is, “Suicide Prevention: Reaching Out and Saving Lives” . Mendocino County€™s Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) Behavioral Health and Recovery Services (BHRS) third annual Suicide Prevention Mobile Story Board Tour is featuring a collection of stories and art work submitted from those who have had personal experiences with severe depression or suicide. In addition, there will be a short suicide prevention presentation at each stop of the tour. September 10 is World Suicide Prevention Day.
The public is invited to attend this special event at the following locations:
- September 8, Tuesday, 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. in Fort Bragg at the Hospitality Center, 101 N. Franklin St., Fort Bragg
- September 8, Tuesday, 3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. in Gualala at Action Network, 39144 Ocean Dr. Suites 3 & 4
- September 8, Tuesday, 10:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. in Laytonville at Healthy Start Family Resource Center, 44400 Willis Ave., Laytonville
- September 9, Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in Willits at Manzanita Services, 286 N. School St., Willits
- September 9, Wednesday, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. in Covelo at the Yuki Trails Human Services Program, 23000 Henderson Rd., Covelo
- September 10, Thursday, 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. in Ukiah at Manzanita Services, 270 N. Pine St., Ukiah
- September 10, Thursday, 1:30 p.m. â€“ 2:30 p.m. in Hopland at the Pomo Band of Indianâ€™s Rancheria, 3000 Shannel Rd., Hopland
- September 10, Thursday, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. in Potter Valley at the Potter Valley Family Resource Center, 10270 Main St., Potter Valley
The Mobile Story Board Tour Schedule will be published at:
For further information contact: Robin Meloche, MHSA Coordinator at 707-472-2332.