KYBU Meeting Notes – 4/7/15

KYBU Meeting

Library Community Room

4/7/15 – 5:00pm

 

Meeting Notes Corrections: Committee members who wish to correct these meeting notes, please send corrections to notes@kyburadio.org. Please note that these are not minutes but personal notes that are not necessarily accurate or complete but hopefully helpful.

 

Attendees: Lew, Emily, Alex, Dane, Mary Jane, Daniel, and Max

 

Agenda:

 

Introductions

New People/New Shows

AAHP

Career Day

Brendon Phillips

T-Shirts

NFCB

Health Center Matters

Leadership Mendocino

Bus

Show Promo Guidelines

 

 

New People/New Shows: Dane brought information about the Tribes’ Earth Day event planning meeting and a request for a raffle donation from KYBU for the Tribes’ upcoming Earth Day event at Hidden Oaks Park on April 22. We will donate a KYBU shirt. We have one promo by Bill Cull for the event planning meeting and will do another one for the event. We will contact Eloisa that we may or may not have a booth at the event. Lew can take a call from the vent on his 2pm show for interviews from the event or someone giving a tour of what’s happening there.

 

Max reported that John Mancinellli is working on a show and will train Mirabelle (spelling?) and that Bob has recorded a show today and should have four shows in a month or so.

 

Alex is getting more training and doing more preparation for her April 14 show at 5pm. Marjo will be a first music guest and is willing to be a regular.

 

Dane may do a live Earth Day promo on Alex’s show. He will check with Eloisa about doing that.

 

Andy Orford’s monthly show (Jazz Frontiers) was heard on Saturday.

 

AAHP: The next KYBU Adopt-A-Highway Program is scheduled for Saturday, April 11, from 10am to 1pm. Mary Jane will send our participation information back to Caltrans as part of the annual Great American Cleanup event.

 

Career Day: Lew, Alex, and Emily attended this event. Emily reported that two teachers are excited to get youth involved with radio on projects such as news reporting, senior walk round-up, and getting radio club going at the high school.

 

Brendon Phillips: Daniel reported that Brendan has a trio that will perform in San Diego and then at the Kate Wolf Festival. Daniel will find out when they want to be here. Some suggestions offered were to have a midweek fundraising summer party, a July 4th weekend at Black Butte, or a pre-Kate Wolfe festival and get as many other bands as possible to come here. Alex offered her two extra rooms at her place and suggested the rec hall for $125 for a winter party.

 

T-Shirts: Emily reported our San Francisco shirt guy is back. The cost is $6.80 per shirt, no postage, and $120 for setup, for a total of $1500 to order 96 each of the two shirt designs (about 200 shirts). The shirts will cost us about $8 a shirt. Last time, we had only one color; this time we have two colors.

 

NFCB: Emily reported that the workshops have changed to: Fundraising and Capital Campaigns; Programming and Race, and Tech Lab. The summit is scheduled for Thursday (6pm registration and reception with live performances) and Friday (8am registration and continental breakfast, followed by the opening and keynote address, a short break, then Plenary, lunch from noon to 1:30, then a keynote address, workshops from 2:30 to 4, and a closing roundtable from 4 to 5pm. Saturday is optional (9am to noon field trip to Strawberry Music Festival for a KVMR session on producing live broadcast events).

 

Health Center Matters: Neil Davis, a part-time public health nurse at the clinic, wants to do a monthly half-hour show. He lives in Willits and works here on Wednesdays and Thursdays. It was suggested the show would play twice (on a Saturday at 7:30pm and again on Sunday at 8:30am). Daniel is willing to meet Neil at the station.

 

Leadership Mendocino: Heidi Dickerson and the Leadership Mendocino class are coming here with others on a bus next Friday, April 17, at 2pm, to talk in the Library Commons room. Dane helped previously with organizing all of them and will contact her.

 

Bus: A brief discussion was held about bus service between Covelo and Ukiah.

 

Show Promo Guidelines: Emily’s draft promo guidelines were approved with a few suggested changes. She will insert the guidelines into the Programmers Guide. It was decided that any new guidelines should be displayed for a month on the engineering room on the window between it and the recording room.

 

 

3/31/15 KYBU Meeting Notes

KYBU Meeting

Library Community Room

3/31/15 – 5:00pm

 Meeting Notes Corrections: Committee members who wish to correct these meeting notes, please send corrections to notes@kyburadio.org. Please note that these are not minutes but personal notes that are not necessarily accurate or complete but hopefully helpful.

Attendees: Thomas, Max, Alex, Daniel, Mary Jane, Kramer, Emily, and Jay

Agenda:

Introductions

New People/New Shows

T-Shirts

NFCB

Workshop Report

Promos

Weeding

Career Day

Kate Wolf Festival

AAHP

Bulletin Board

Letters

New People/New Shows: Thomas wants to make a CD. He can make up rap and songs in his head and hopes have a show. Alex invited Thomas to be on her show. Alex made a promo for her show at the recent workshop. Her show starts April 14 at 5pm. She plans to interview Lew and Thomas and learn how to record her shows. She has two thumb drives.

T-Shirts: Emily brought newly-revised t-shirts. Attendees approved the blue shirts and grey shirts for these logos. Robot stickers are being ordered (250 to sell as a limited edition).

NFCB: Emily will find out if we can pay now to reserve four places. Alex wants to attend.

Workshop Report: Cory attended and is working on 2600 reggae songs and learned Audacity. Bill made a promo.

Promos: A discussion was held about defining the required elements of promos to add to the Programmers Guide, such as promos need to be about 60 seconds long and must communicate certain things, such as naming what it is promoting, and must be intelligible. This subject was tabled for further discussion.

Weeding: Emily asked that people bring their own bucket to take back weeds they pull around the radio station since we no longer add them to the neighbor’s compost pile.

Career Day: Emily is going to attend Career Day tomorrow to be held at the high school’s quad and will speak with Angela about getting youth to do a radio show.

Kate Wolf Festival: Daniel has not heard back yet.

Adopt-A-Highway Program: The next litter cleanup is scheduled for Saturday, April 11, from 10am to 1pm.   Meet at the library building plaza. New volunteers are required by Caltrans to view a brief safety film beforehand.

Bulletin Board: We are still looking for volunteers to take Sandy Wake’s place. The Bulletin Board is covered by Sandy and Sharon until June.

Letters: Attendees stayed after the meeting to stuff envelopes that Emily prepared. Per Emily, in the future, we probably will be sending out envelopes monthly as memberships expire.

 

 

 

3/17/15 KYBU Meeting Notes

KYBU Meeting

Library Community Room

3/17/15 – 5:00pm

 Meeting Notes Corrections: Committee members who wish to correct these meeting notes, please send corrections to notes@kyburadio.org. Please note that these are not minutes but personal notes that are not necessarily accurate or complete but hopefully helpful.

Attendees: Max, Emily, Kramer, Ryan, Jay, Lew, Kent, Bob T., Alex, and Mary Jane

Agenda:

Introductions

New People/New Shows

NFCB Mini-Summit

Saturday Party

Cameras

Specials

Trainers

Bulletin Board

Veterans Association

New People/New Shows: Lew trained Kasza on the basics of how to be a DJ.

Per Max, Gabriel has four music shows ready and wants max’s slot. Max will move to Thursdays at 9. Gabriel needs a packet. Emily made three new DJ packets that are hanging on the station door to be handed out.

Alex would like her first interviews to be Lew, Max and Emily, then Jay, Dixie, and other DJs. She has shadowed Dixie and Daniel, has lots of ideas, and hopes to start her first show in two weeks.

NFCB Mini-Summit: Emily reported that NFCB will have regional summits this year. The closest one to us is Nevada City with Grass Valley being right next door. Nevada City is a five-hour drive from here. The cost is $100 per person. We’d like to send four to seven people. Thursday night is music and dinner, and Friday is mostly workshops all day. There is a Strawberry Festival that weekend also. Emily will find out the registration deadline. This matter will be brought up at another meeting.

Saturday Party: The Library’s 5th anniversary party is Saturday. Entry is free or donation. Volunteers are needed to help clean up on Sunday before noon. Lew will talk with Mario.

Cameras: Kent Anderson of Covelo offered his professional abilities and we now have two video cameras installed that are good up to a month’s motion detector recording. The back window was recently sprayed with bright red paint.

Specials: Jay reported ideas for special days, such as St. Patrick’s Day. Jay can’t do these but is putting the ideas out there for others to pick up on if they want and make them into half-hour shows. These ideas are come from the things he runs across while working on his show, including as songs. One song is “How Can I Kiss the Lips at Night That Chewed My Ass All Day?” There are “Ugly Truck” songs out there as well that could be made into a special show. Another idea for a special show could be about the water issues included in the four marijuana workshops.

Trainers: Max reported that we need more DJs to be trainers. Alex is willing to help. Emily will email programmers to provide what inputs they use, what they are willing to do, etc.

Bulletin Board: Sandy is retiring from the Bulletin Board at the end of April. This position takes about three hours of time commitment a week. This matter will be discussed further at another meeting.

Veterans Association: Mary Jane reported that the Veterans Association held a meeting at the Health Center this morning. They are working on seeing that more of the Native vets receive VA services. The VA has been in the news recently for being way behind in their services. Mary Jane will try to contact the Santa Rosa VA rep (“Nick”) who attended today’s VA meeting to find out why his notice of this meeting didn’t aired on KYBU, assure him we are very interested in airing VA notices, explain how he can communicate with KYBU, and ask him to try again in the future.

3/10/15 Programmers Meeting

Programmers Meeting

Library Community Room

3/10/15 – 6:00pm

Meeting Notes Corrections: Committee members who wish to correct these meeting notes, please send corrections to notes@kyburadio.org. Please note that these are not minutes but personal notes that are not necessarily accurate or complete but hopefully helpful.

Attendees: Daniel, Bill, Alex, Emily, Mike, Max, Judah, Ryan, Clive, Jay, Lew, Mary Jane

Agenda:

Contact Info

Volunteer Agreement

Human Show Promos

Programming Changes

CDs, Records, and Phone

Staxx Show

Robot Human Interactions

Kate Wolf Event Booth

June 20th Party

Next Meeting

Contact Info: Emily sent around a list for attendees to review and make any changes to their contact information.

Volunteer Agreement: Emily distributed the volunteer agreement forms for attendees to review and sign their agreement. She also sent around a programmers contact list that will be kept in the radio station.

Human Show Promos: Ryan would like to see every human show have a promo. Kramer and Mike need promos. Other volunteers are willing to help make the promos and new promos.

Programming Changes: It was decided to replace two reggae shows with world music on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

CDs, Records, and Phone: Alex wants to shadow Daniel on Thursday at 10pm to learn more about how to use CDs, records, and the phone. It was suggested that we buy more cartridges and replacement needles. Max will research this matter. Long John suggested the site needles.com.

Staxx Show: Joshie moved away so his show slot is now open. It is likely he would not be allowed another slot in the future due to a policy violation.

Robot Human Interactions: Clive has found there are duplicate songs on the robot and doesn’t know how to get the duplicates out of it. Max suggested Clive make notes when helping by sorting songs, including the time and date it played. Max requested that Clive put his findings on a thumb drive and give it to Max. Max appreciates Clive’s sorting help and is willing to teach Clive how to remove duplicate songs during Max’s time in the station.

Kate Wolf Event Booth: Daniel is getting us a booth for June 27 and 28.

June 20th Party: We need a band. Jay might have one.

Next Meeting: Programmers, mark your calendars. The next quarterly programmers meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, 16, at 6pm in the Library Commons Room.

3/10/15 KYBU Meeting Notes

KYBU Meeting

Library Community Room

3/10/15 – 5:00pm

 Meeting Notes Corrections: Committee members who wish to correct these meeting notes, please send corrections to notes@kyburadio.org. Please note that these are not minutes but personal notes that are not necessarily accurate or complete but hopefully helpful.

Attendees: Kasza, Avo, Emily, Michael, Kramer, max, Judah, Sharon, Long John, Jay, Lew, Clive, Daniel, Alex, Mary Jane, bill, Josh, and Ryan

Agenda:

Introductions

New People/New Shows

Bulletin Board

Basketball

Library Party 3/21

Jazz Frontiers

Dry T-Shirt Contest

Staxx Slot

New People/New Shows: Kasza will meet and shadow Lew at 11am on Thursday.

Mike will do a St. Patty’s Day show again.

Alex will shadow Mike next Tuesday at 5pm. Her live show will start April 2.

Long John reported on the start-up of a new Laytonville low-power radio station in Laytonville. He has years of radio experience, included KZYZ, KMUD, and others. They are starting out in a used construction trailer and have a transmitter. It will be another KPHT with lots of satire. His partner Lynn has long-time ties with Covelo.

Bulletin Board: Sharon will do this week and the week of the 23rd. She will talk with Sandy about doing more. Sharon will return after four weeks.

Basketball: Lew reported that the girls will play in a tournament tomorrow in Roseville. Mike Gorman wants to be the announcer tomorrow on his phone. This will interrupt the KMUD news at 7pm.

Library Party: The FRVPL has scheduled their 5th anniversary party for Saturday, March 21 (see posters around town). They need two or three KYBU volunteers to meet at 4pm on Friday to set up, move things around and move the stage so the band can practice and volunteers to meet on Sunday at 11am to move things back and mop.

Jazz Frontiers. Andy has several shows ready for Lew to air once a month (the first Saturday monthly).

Dry T-Shirt Contest: Emily facilitated the voting for the new shirt logo. Attendees settled on two designs for T-shirts, one design for a sticker, and a design for the radio station wall. Winners will receive a shirt with their design and a KYBU membership for one year. Suggestions were made for minor alternations to the designs.

Staxx Slot: The Staxx slot is now available.

2/24/15 KYBU Meeting Notes

KYBU Meeting

Covelo Library Community Room

2/24/15 – 5:00pm

Meeting Notes Corrections:  Committee members who wish to correct these meeting notes, please send corrections to notes@kyburadio.org. Please note that these are not minutes but personal notes that are not necessarily accurate or complete but hopefully helpful.

Attendees:  Max, Celeste, John G., Ryan, Dixie, Emily, Jay, Daniel, Lew, Mary Jane, and Imil

Agenda:

Introductions

New People/New Shows

Audio Calendar/Show

Basketball

Workshop

Electronic Payments

Human Robot Interference

Programmers Meeting

New People/New Shows:  Celeste has had some training at radio 88.1 Lake Country training and wants to do two shows.  She would like to get her 5th and 6th graders from the Charter School on the air starting with a monthly show.  She also would like to do a childhood learning and education call-in with guests show from 3 to 4pm.

John G. would like a 9pm slot.  Max will talk with Chuk about moving his slot to 8pm.  John G. will make a promo for his show and can email it to Emily to load.

Audio Calendar/Show:  Per Dixie, people are saying, “Why so early?” for her 7:30am call-in show.  Alex is very interested in participating in Dixie’s show and also wants to have her own  show.  Clive is willing to help Dixie.  After some suggestions, Dixie may move her call-in show to 4:00 to 4:30 to follow her current show on Wednesday afternoon starting tomorrow.  Lew will come by to help around 4pm.

Basketball:  The Lady Mustangs are undefeated.  Tomorrow they will host a game with another small team at 7pm.  Lew left Mario a message to help.  If Mario doesn’t call back, Ryan is available.  Lew will let Ryan know.

Workshop:  The spare transmitter is now installed and works fine.  The transmitter still needs to be tested for range.  At some point, we will train others how to switch it over and the sequence of wires and buttons.

Emily worked on the computer that Lew donated to the studio.  The computer had many glitches and needed to be “restored” and now has more protection.  DJs are now unable to install programs on it and should bring to a regular meeting any requests for programs to be installed by an administrator.

The workshop was well attended.  Tutorials went on for about one and a half hours.

Electronic Payments:  Emily reported that the website’s electronic payments system is now working and is connected to the membership database so members’ information is there when they want to use charge cards to purchase memberships or make donations.

Human Robot Interference:  Lew reported that we need to have a policy that DJs may make changes only to their own slots and not change anything else in the robot’s automated program.  Attendees agreed to have this policy.  This policy will be communicated to DJs by email and at the upcoming programmers meeting on March 10.

Programmers Meeting:  The next programmers meeting is scheduled for 6pm on Tuesday, March 10, right after the regular KYBU meeting where attendees will vote on the T-shirt logo submittals.

2/17/15 KYBU Meeting Notes

KYBU Meeting

Library Community Room

2/17/15 – 5:00pm

Meeting Notes Corrections: Committee members who wish to correct these meeting notes, please send corrections to notes@kyburadio.org. Please note that these are not minutes but personal notes that are not necessarily accurate or complete but hopefully helpful.

Attendees: Max, Emily, Mary Jane, Daniel, Clive and Lew

Agenda:

Introductions

New People/New Shows

Virus

Basketball

Woodhouse

Call-In Show

Tech Questions

Workshop

Programmers Meeting/T-Shirt Vote

Candalaria

AAHP

New People/New Shows: Per Emily, John G will probably come back next week regarding his 8-9pm on Thursdays electronic music show. Per Lew, Andy sent Lew five shows now for a monthly jazz show. Lew thinks he can get others to do a monthly show to fill in the slot. Max may want to move his show to 8-10pm.

Virus: Lew reported that the Norton virus protection on the computer he donated to the station ended about three weeks ago. On Sunday, Emily plans to go in to the station and put Norton back on the computer. Max reported that someone had installed Spotify to pull up music on the computer. Max disabled it, but it pops up adds every once in a while. People need to post the log when they add a program to the human DJ computer.

Basketball: There is a game tomorrow, but Lew is not covering it. There is one more game coming up but not scheduled yet. Boys playoff is probably next Friday that Lew wants to cover. Judah is interested in learning Lew’s role.

Woodhouse: Lew called Tom Woodhouse (District Supervisor) to ensure he was informed about the April 2 agenda. Lew may interview Tom before that date.

Call-In Show: Per Clive, Dixie wants to do a monthly call-in show on Fridays or Saturdays around 7:30 or 8am. Clive wants to help promote this with a flyer that has pull-off tabs of contact information. Dixie will need an engineer and someone to screen calls. We currently have two phone lines at $60 per line a month.

Tech Questions: Clive reported that his files are getting altered, that the audible portions are different that originally. He asked how to work the 8-inch mini. Per Lew, you have to go back and listen to the MP3 after it’s perfect in Audacity and you have exported it as an MP3. Clive will bring this all to the Sunday workshop.

Daniel has a hard time with Jay’s first Freedom show. It seemed that no matter what he did, there was always an extra 17 minutes. Apparently, the show just started too late. Max started all the rest of the Freedom shows. The show needs to end at 58 minutes, then the station ID starts at 59 minutes.

Workshop: Per Emily, we can use this room on Sundays because Kim’s mindfulness class is no longer located here. This Sunday, Lew and max will meet at 8:45am before the workshop to install the back up transmitter. They will call Ginny, Emily, and Mary Jane to see if they can hear the radio.

Programmers Meeting/T-Shirt Vote: The Programmers meeting is March 10 after the regular meeting at which we will vote on the T-shirt entries.

Candalaria: Daniel reported that Candalaria wants to play here on March 27 (Friday) or March 29 (Sunday afternoon). Several suggestions were made, including the North Fork (no cleanup, 50 people, pass the hat for donations, Denny usually feeds bands), the Covelo Club (if available yet), the Legion hall, and Black Butte. They would need to bring their own sound system and should produce a graphic to make flyers. They could stay at the motel.

Emily reported that Mario has decided not to do a reggae show in April.

AAHP: Mary Jane reported the weather was good on Saturday, and volunteers picked up four bags of litter and a rusty gun (which was turned over to the Highway Patrol).

2/10/15 KYBU Meeting Notes

KYBU Meeting

Library Community Room

2/10/15 – 5:00pm

 Meeting Notes Corrections: Committee members who wish to correct these meeting notes, please send corrections to notes@kyburadio.org. Please note that these are not minutes but personal notes that are not necessarily accurate or complete but hopefully helpful.

Attendees: Judah, Emily, Mary Jane, Bill, Jay, Mike, John G, Max, and Reverend Feathers

Agenda:

Introductions

New People/New Shows

T-Shirt Contest

AAHP

Board of Supervisors Meeting

Undercurrents Show

Kevin Wells Event

New People/New Shows: Judah wants to extend his show from one to two hours (10 to 12) and will make a promo for “Judah’s Mix Tape”.

John G. (his radio name) is anxious to do an electronic music show and will record his show ahead of time. He uses Logic. Emily will get with John after the meeting to provide John with some paperwork and instructions.

Mike wants to do a special on Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday).

Jay’s Black History Month show will air on 2/14, 2/21, 2/28 and 3/7 and is called “We You Believe in Freedom”. Bill will prepare an introduction and give it to Jay on a thumb drive before Friday, and Jay will give it to Max. Thank you to Bill for sharing his 7pm Saturday show with Jay for this black history special.

T-Shirt Contest: Per Emily, the flyers are up. The winner will be chosen anonymously by attendees at our March 10th meeting.

AAHP: Weather permitting, the next little cleanup will occur on 2/14 (Valentine’s Day).

Board of Supervisors Meeting: Feathers would like an announcement about the Supervisors board meeting on March 3 to discuss the final appeal of AP-3 2014 of the approved Black Butte permit for five events a year. He will email the information to KYBUradio.org by Friday, and Emily will email it to whoever is doing the KYBU bulletin board. The announcement will run for two weeks.

Undercurrents Show: Max has been working on this show that has been missing and hopes it’s fixed now.

Kevin Wells Event: Bill announced that Kevin Wells is having some music bands at the Rec Center in April. Bill will find out the date and report back.

2/3/15 KYBU Meeting Notes

KYBU Meeting

Library Community Room

2/3/15 – 5:00pm

Meeting Notes Corrections:  Committee members who wish to correct these meeting notes, please send corrections to notes@kyburadio.org. Please note that these are not minutes but personal notes that are not necessarily accurate or complete but hopefully helpful.

Attendees:  Emily, Bob, Jay, Daniel, Mario, Lew, Mary Jane, and Max

Agenda:

Introductions

New People/New Shows

Workshop

New Transmitter

Groove Central

Kate Wolf

Basketball

AAHP

T-Shirt Contest

Log

Car Donations

Yearend Letters

Chair Pad

Spring Cleanup

New People/New Shows:  Mario asked when we will have another party because he would like to do something in April.  He has a reggae band for April 11 (two weeks after Ollie’s April event on the third weekend in March).

Per Daniel, the Kate Wolf event is the end of June and he brought the booth application (see more below).

Jay’s black history show is one hour and 20 minutes and will be aired Friday after the basketball game ends around 8:15 (see more below).  Jay’s Almanac new shows have started.  Per Lew, the February 3 shows has a volume issue probably caused by some spikes.  This type of issue can be normalized between peaks.  Today’s show was fine.  Per Jay, his shows are missing from March 22 to May 1.

Workshop:  The upcoming workshop cannot be held in this room but might be held in the studio or on the patio.  This might be a good time to install and test the new transmitter.

New Transmitter:  To install the new transmitter, we will have to go off air but would announce this ahead.  Max and Lew will get together with cables and other parts for the installation and testing.  The new transmitter volume would need to be synchronized with the other transmitter.  The new transmitter is very simple—a box with one knob that is probably for volume

Basketball:  There are two more home games on Friday and Tuesday.  Lew needs help for Tuesday.  Mario will get back to Lew if he can help Lew with Friday.  Max will be there at 8:15 for Jay’s Black History show.

AAHP:  The next Adopt-A-Highway Program letter cleanup is scheduled for February 14.  The tentative schedule for the year was approved as the second Tuesday every other month.

T-Shirt Contest:  Emily made flyers for the t-shirt contest for Mario to distribute.  Emily will collect the entries.  Deadline for entries is March 1.  The selection will be by a blind jury vote on March 3.

Log:  Daniel brought up two issues on the log.  After putting in some repeats, he experienced a shutdown but was able to restart.  Shutdowns can happen anytime.  Lew usually does a restart every Wednesday to help avoid this issue.  Anyone can help do restarts anytime.

Mike experienced an issue with the second turntable not working.  It was suggested we purchase new cartridges for the DJs so they are not ruining their records.

Car Donations Program:  There are some concerns about the car donation program.  Mary Jane emailed Friends of the Eel River and is waiting for their input about the two car donation programs on their website.

Yearend Letters:  Emily reported that the yearend tax-deductible donations letters were mailed out on Saturday before 1pm.

Chair Pad:  It was suggested we purchase a chair pad to protest the area where the chairs roll around in the station and muddy boots tread.

Spring Cleanup:  We might schedule a spring cleanup of the studio and garden during February workshop.

1/20/15 KYBU Meeting Notes

KYBU Meeting

Library Community Room

1/20/15 – 5:00pm

Meeting Notes Corrections: Committee members who wish to correct these meeting notes, please send corrections to notes@kyburadio.org. Please note that these are not minutes but personal notes that are not necessarily accurate or complete but hopefully helpful.

Attendees: Max, Emily, Mary Jane, Clive, Imil and Jay

Agenda:

  • Introductions
  • New People/New Shows
  • Sunday Workshop
  • AAHP
  • Basketball Game

New People/New Shows: A discussion was held about Clive’s idea doing five-minute segments of comedy. Jay suggested we have people send in their favorite jokes. Another suggestion was made to send out an ad that we need music and comedy sorters. Per Emily, we could do climate bits. Max asked if anyone had listened to the Commonwealth Club. It’s pretty good per Clive. The Commonwealth Club offers one-hour, half-hour, and 15-minutes. The shorter versions are edited down from the hour version.

Sunday Workshop: We could work on comedy scripts. Bob might come. Emily will bring scripts to do new PSAs.

AAHP: Saturday’s AAHP litter cleanup was cancelled due to inclement weather. Rescheduling was tabled to another meeting.

Basketball Game: Lew is broadcasting the basketball game. He needs someone to help with next Tuesday at 5:30pm.